"Hi all,When I sat down in front of my desk tonight...suddenly I heard a voice and he asked me what is your favourite bible verse?
Interesting question??? Um... do I ever have one? Or I do not care at all....???? May be I love the whole bible so much... so all the verses are my favourite ones???
Anyway,...if you hear this voice tonight, what is your answer?
In His Love,
Andrew"
Feel free to share your favorite verse with everybody in comments!
9 comments:
Our cell group had to share our favorite verse last time. Mine is an all-time classic:
神愛世人,甚至將他的獨生子賜給他們,叫一切信他的,不至滅亡,反得永生。
約翰福音 3:16
There's not a bad verse in the bible of course, but this pretty much sums up our faith in one simple verse.
"愛 是 恆 久 忍 耐 、 又 有 恩 慈 . 愛 是 不 嫉 妒 . 愛 是 不 自 誇 . 不 張 狂 . 不 作 害 羞 的 事 . 不 求 自 己 的 益 處 . 不 輕 易 發 怒 . 不 計 算 人 的 惡 . 不 喜 歡 不 義 . 只 喜 歡 真 理 . 凡 事 包 容 . 凡 事 相 信 . 凡 事 盼 望 . 凡 事 忍 耐 。"
哥 林 多 前 書 13:4-7
I'm trying to love like this at all times, it takes you far far away from "sinning". This verse comes to my head when I'm talking to others especially this... "愛 是 恆 久 忍 耐, 凡 事 包 容"
"Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgement." John 7:24
This one is especially goes to the people who are going down Street Church this Saturday (myself included). We're all sinners, and the more I tried to judge the homeless people down Hastings, the more I would think that I was not much less nefarious and nugatory than they were. The way I see it, nobody has the right to demean or judge anybody but God, coz he's the only perfect one.
Here is one of my favourite verses from Hebrews 12:1-2:
"1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
First time posting in the blog...hope it works...
MayMay
It's my turn to share my favourite bible verse!
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1: 9
我豈沒有吩咐你嗎?你當剛強壯膽!不要懼怕,也不要驚惶﹔因為你無論往哪里去,耶和華你的上帝必與你同在。
Halleluah!
Clara :)
There are too many bible verses that I like. During my devotion this morning, I came across the following one:
"This Christian life is a great mystery, far exceeding our understanding, but some things are clear enough: He appeared in a human body, was proved right by the invisible Spirit, was seen by angels. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, taken up into heavenly glory.
Hum...I wonder who is the 2nd Anonymous person? Nice sharing!
Clara
ha...I guess people keep forgetting to type in their names
My favorite verses from Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
所 以 不 要 為 明 天 憂 慮 . 因 為 明 天 自 有 明 天 的 憂 慮 . 一 天 的 難 處 一 天 當 就 夠 了 。
馬 太 福 音 6:34
Post a Comment