Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Agape Retreat Camp ? Anyone?


Our fellowship is planning to have a retreat camp in Whistler in May's Victoria long weekend, May 19-21. We can have do-it-yourself cooking, devotional and game time......etc. Please call/email me (ahki_2000@hotmail.com) or leave comments on this post if you are available or out town on these days by March 1,07. The rates of accommodation may vary and depend on how many people will join. (Of course, the more people we have, the lower our rates will be!)

Your sis,
Clara :)

Note: This is not the same as our church Summer Bible Camp, which will be in August.

17 comments:

HighDD said...

Wah, sounds will be lots of fun. Sure, please count me in. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Did you book the camp already?! coz (my opinion only)I honestly think camping is better down south than up north. But other than that, I think it's nice to go camping with just the pals in Agape, for not having too many people, especially kids. It could be quite relaxing. COUNT ME IN TOO, if you guys are planning on having a campfire sing-along (which is the best thing I like about being at the camp/in the nature).

Anonymous said...

Hmm.... Hunter, I guess I can't bring my kids then.

Clara said...

I haven't book the camp yet because I have to confirm the number of "goer" before I reserve the suite. I am searching for 2 or 3 bedrooms plus loft suite in Whistler. No matter where we go, I want to find a place where we can chat, share and pray without having stress from school or work. If we have 8 people, the cost per person is around $105. If we have more people to go, the cost will be lower.

Clara said...

Felix, thanks for putting a nice photo for this post! Thanks God for giving us a good web designer in our fellowship! :)

Cody said...

$105 for 2 nights in whistler is quite good!

I'll let you know by email.

Anonymous said...

Re. Teresa: No, bring your little girls over. They are different, they are cute! haha. No, when I said kids I mean teenagers who can stay up all night doing all sorts of activities! haha
Clara: I think you have to book fast then. Coz I know people who usually book a camp, they book it a long time ahead. The summer church camps are usually 1 year. I guess the smaller ones may be better, but still, gotta be fast.

Cody said...

We can always go tenting...

Shower might be a problem for some. :P

Anonymous said...

Is there Onsen (hotspring) there?! If so it's a good place to take shower there! haha

Felix said...

Count me it too

HighDD said...

Hey guys, I suggest that we can have camp only on Sun (after srvc), and Monday, then ppl who need to work on Sat (e.g. Fred, Carrie) can join us too. How's that? And also, I can ask my coworker to check out the price for staying in Crystal Lodge (in Whistler) after we know the # of ppl going.

HighDD said...

Yeah, Hunter, I like your idea of going down to the south too. There are lot more choice in the State than here, but the thing is can everyone go there?

Anonymous said...

Re. Heidi: I think as long as we are all Canadian Citizens with passports, even if we're over 17, we have no problem going down the US.

HighDD said...

Hunter, of course I know that, but are we all Canadian w/Passort?

Carrie Tong said...

Me, not yet Canadian...Count me in next year if we go to the State. (*^0^*) For passport, it is said it takes abt 2 months if u go the passport office at 4am!!! Pay attention to it.

N, glad to know if we can make it Sun. & Mon.. Is it cfmed?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let's go down to the States next Summer. I heard my relative (who lives in California) said that there's a great camp site in Fort Worth, TX. Wanna think 'bout going there?

Anonymous said...

Re. Heidi: Well, I think most of us are from Hong Kong, and we hold something British in hands too, right? And for the ones who are neither HongKongnese nor Canadian, they can do what the terrorists did! haha