Thursday, February 1, 2007

Teresa: Praise God!

Dear All,

I have good news and some sad news but the good news is enough to make the sad news go away. Are you still with me?? Well, praise God because He is awesome and He has shown me once again that He answers our prayers.
My sister, Janet, accepted Jesus Christ into her life tonight!

I cannot tell you how happy I am. It was all the work of our Lord Jesus Christ. I did not expect it to be so soon since a few of us sisters from Agape started to pray for family members who are non-believers a few weeks ago. But I kept praying in my heart as I was talking to her tonight. Here's how it happened:

I picked her up tonight at 7pm from school. She had a 3 hour philosophy class and they were talking about God/creation and so forth. The teacher and some of the students were contradicting the bible and about who God is. As Janet was listening she knew it was not the truth but she could not defend who God is. She didn't have much facts and knowledge of God but she was struggling inside to tell the truth. Janet knew what the teacher was presenting was wrong.

Janet asked me a question after class and that started our conversation tonight. My brother and I spent the next few hours discussing her questions and her doubts about the origin of the bible. Afterwards my brother went upstairs and left us alone. So I continued to talk to her. I tell you, that out of all the times I've spoken to her, this time was different. I was praying in my heart for knowledge to answer her tough questions and the words that came out of my mouth came from the Holy Spirit. I explained to her God's love by sending His son. I went to my bookcase and looked for something to help her understand. I came across a little pamphlet I bought a few months ago at a Christian bookstore "Why Jesus?" It was for the Alpha course. I've never read it before and I had spoken of the same things earlier to her. Exact word for word! Amazing what God can do!

I asked her to read it out loud to me and near the end where she had to decide to say the prayer she broke down and cried. I kept praying that God would open her heart to receive and she did and continue reading the prayer. I talked to her a bit more afterwards and asked how she felt and she said she felt happy inside. I then prayed with her and she agreed. (there was more to it but this is simplified as I write it out)

I've spent the last 2 years since I've come to Christ to tell her about God and His love. She refused me again and again but I continued showing her through my life and my words. I believe God has His timing in everything. This was something out of my control. Tonight is a special day for all of us. We've added a sister to our family! Thank you for your prayers and may we always go to God for strength to continue to pray for other unsaved family members.

Praise God forever, the King of Kings!

Loving through caring in Christ,

Teresa

*sad news is - I came down with a sore throat this morning that turned into a high fever this afternoon but God is faithful! Even through my weakness He has shown His strength in me. I love God!* It is not sad news after all!!!

*Also, as I was talking to her tonight things were happening unlike any other night Janet was over at my house: my daughters were really whinny, they banged on the piano (they never banged on my piano before), fighting constantly, Gwyneth was crying when Henry put her to bed, my phone was ringing constantly, my sister's phone was ringing constantly. All this could not stop the work of God!*

Thanks for reading and don't ever give up on your unsaved family members!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family! I hope your sister will continue to feel God's presence in her daily life! Clara :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's another example of what the song means when it says "God will Make a Way, Where there seems to be No Way."
Speaking of "NO WAY", is Clara the same person as Anonymous?!

Donna Leong said...

Satan is always at work to stop us getting close to God. But Our Lord is Almighty! Yes, ALL-MIGHTY, Mighty in Everyway. If we rely on Him and pray to Him, nothing could stop His work!
Everyone, please remember Teresa and her sister Janet, and her family members in your prayers!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Janet ^_^
Giving Thanks to the Lord! Keep praying & have faith in God!

Cody said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm not familar with the people, but feel encouraged to see God working thru His faithful servants.

HighDD said...

Congrats to u and your sister!!! And thx for sharing w/us, which encourage us to pray for our family more often. Keep praying!!! ^_^

Carrie Tong said...

(鼓掌中。。。)