Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sharing-- Marketplace Ministry

Last year, I have the chance to attend the Winter Conference in Calgary. One of the workshops that I attended was about Marketplace Ministry. This talked about our workplace as our ministry, rather than a place we just went to work, and the speaker shared some of his experience. I don't have the audio recording of the workshop, but they gave out some notes to the people attending. Here's some of it:

They also included some useful / related websites:
www.cbmc.ca
www.businessproverbs.com
www.marketplaceleaders.org
www.corpath.ca

Some other notes that I have taken:
-Practical Christianity-Witnessing: working out your relationship with God; witnessing God all times (your work, behavior, attitude), use words only when necessary.
-Work on your witness at work: Excellence; Authentic; Witness; Attitudes;Wisdom and Integrity; Conflict; Submit yourself to authority. (I think this means applying what God taught us in the bible on the job that we do. It concerns on 'how we do our work/job')
-Pray to God, expect Him to give you idea, directions and the way out of trouble.
-Pray specifically for your colleagues.
-Evangelism is a Process--it takes time and not just an event.
-Expect different reactions: we have the fragrance of God, but it could be a fragrance of death to others. In both case, nonetheless, God would make use of it.
-Be equipped and prepared; Expect God to be at work!

Sorry, don't have Chinese translation for this :P

No comments: