Hi all:
If you have paid attention to me on last Friday and Sunday, you will know we are going to have debate on this Friday night. Our debate topic is "Christians should not use birth control after marriage." Carrie's group will support the statement and Fred's group will argue against the statement.
The run down is as follows:
Section 1(18 min): 2 or 3 representatives from group A will have 3 minutes to support their statements. Group B has to wait for their turn until Group A finishes. Vice Versa.
Group A's turn: Person 1-Introduction, Person 2-Contents, Person 3-Conclusion
Group B's turn: Person 1-Introduction, Person 2-Contents, Person 3-Conclusion
Section 2(12 min.): Each group can have 2 representatives arguing or supporting their statement. (3 min. per person)
1)Person 1 from Group A
2)Person 1 from Group B
3)Person 2 from Group A
4)Person 2 from Group B
Section 3(12 min): We allow the audience to speak up their point of views. Each audience (who is neither from Group A or B) have 1 to 3 minutes to present his/her idea. First-come-first basis. We will allow 3 to 4 persons present their ideas regarding this topic.
Section 4 (5 -10min): wrap up
In addition, Donna will be our host/singspiration leader and I will have sharing in our devotional time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI, we will have our BBQ at Burnaby's Barnet Marine Park on July 21, 07, Saturday at around 2:30 pm. Those who have to work on Saturday can join us after work.
Cost is $5/person and newcomer is free.
1)Will you join us on that day? and will you bring new comers to join us?
2)Please tell me who have small, portable BBQ grill for us to use. We need 2 more grill here. ( I have a big BBQ grill but I don't have a van to carry over to the park.)
3)Who can volunteer to organize the BBQ with me? (Jack is one of the organizer) Please answer the above 3 questions or speak out your opinions by leaving comments in our blog!
Thanks!
Your sis,
Clara Leung :)
12 comments:
Hi, I'll have one guest for the picnic. Thanx!
2:30pm??? Not for dinner meh?? I thought it will be around 4:30pm... How can I make it ah?? :( I get off from work at 4pm, Chinatown boh.
Hey, Donna, by the way, it is BBQ, not picnic ah. Don't lie to your friend boh. Ha...
oh, we will start at 2:30pm b/c the tables are first-come-first basis. We will remember to save food for you and James on that day! :)
Oh, really? Thank you so much in advance. (*^0^*)
Really? We'll start at 2:30?
Maybe we only need someone to take a spot at 2:30 but start at around 4? Because it will be really hot in the afternoon, plus people won't have an appetite yet.
Hey, don't worry guys, only few of us will go there early to make sure there will be tables for us. So u don't need to come that early if u don't want to.
Also, I went there last Sun. There are lots of trees to cover all of the tables, so I'm sure that u won't get burn unless u are out on the water.
I would say the actually starting time will be around 5pm, to maybe around 8pm??
btw, we still need some more BBQ grills, please let us know asap if u have, thx.
To Felix: Ha...now, I c ur point! I know y they can reserve some food for us lah. Ka..ka...
To Heidi: Let me get back to u tonite at home.
The weather is too hot now... I prefer just picnic (bring my own food) and perhaps play some games rather than BBQ... Just my personal opinion.
Also, I'm wondering who are willing to sacrifice their car to carry the BBQ grill back and forth... It might be nasty and dirty after the BBQ...
Gets the table at 2:30 and starts at 4? It could be quite tough for the ppl waiting in this hot weather even when there are trees around...
Thanks for everybody's participating at the debate. It made this more animated than I would have imagined.
Cheers!
Hi, Heidi, yes, I can borrow a BBQ grill.
Hi, Mansun, oh, u did a good job last night! Cheers.
Our debate can not have so many different voices & opinions without all of you! Thanks for your participation!
Post a Comment